Friday 6 March 2015

Week 4 : Introduction of my FYP




Objectives:

  1. To give an overview on my final year project
  2. To make an introduction to my FYP



Methods:

  1. By making research on internet
  2. By comparing to other device that using this wireless power transfer technique
  3. Here are the attachments about my introduction on my FYP

Results:






Video : Showing how wireless power transfer works


Conclusion:


This week I am going to give an overview on my final year project. My final year project title is the development of wireless charger for mobile phone. As the term ‘wireless’ has been mention it is mean that the mobile phone is going to be charge without using any wire or solid conductor. As being mention in my last blog, this wireless charger has 3 different methods of transferring the energy, but for my project I am going to use the inductive coupling method. This is because inductive method is a simple power transmission that uses a technique as same as transformers. It consists of two coils that being separated by air and air is being used as a medium for transmit the power. Every substance can be used to transfer power because of its permeability. Air also has its own permeability. Permeability is a quantity measuring the influence of a substance on the magnetic flux in the region it occupies. Therefore, air also can be a medium for electromagnetic field to exist. The existence of magnetic field will make the power from primary coil to be transferred to secondary coil.


No comments:

Post a Comment